Last Unicorn

Mon Nov 24 12:33:47 EST 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:06:38 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Sarah wrote:
>|> For rereading, I'll take Giant Bones any day.  Did I mention here that
>|> they're doing a live-action Last Unicorn?  With many of the same actors
>|> as the animated one?
>|>
>|> - -deborah
>|
>|Well, with Christopher Lee as King Haggard, anyway. I don't remember
>|about anyone else. He *is* in demand lately, isn't he? A pity he's so
>|disappointed about the whole 'Return of the King' cutting thing.
>
>Same: Christopher Lee ....  King Haggard
>Same: Angela Lansbury ....  Mommy Fortuna
>Same: Rene Auberjonois ....  Captain Cully and voice of the Skull (voice)
>
>Interestingly different: Mia Farrow ....  Molly Grue  (instead of the
>unicorn)
>
>And a big old hmmm: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers ....  Schmendrick

I found out about this thanks to Rhys-Meyers, because I was looking up the
cast of "Bend It Like Beckham" (I LOVE this movie).  All those recastings
are certainly interesting...and the web site said that Christopher Lee was a
major driving force behind getting it done.

The conceptual art looks very similar to the original animated feature in a
lot of ways, which gave me several minutes of searching to determine that
yes, it was a live action film and not another animated version.  I'm
interested to see who else is cast.

Melissa Proffitt