Linoleum

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 14:56:09 EST 2003

This intrigued me, if only because it seemed vaguely
familiar so I asked on another list which is usually
pretty good in getting poems, there has been one
response that may be helpful

"I seem to recall a SMH article I clipped (and later
discarded) which referred to a competition in the New
Statesman, where the winning entry ,a parody by Edward
Blishen, was quoted. This was in late 1960s-early
1970s. It used words like 'linoleum' and 'nylon' in
the manner you mention. "

Jon

--- Kathleen Jennings <s368333 at student.uq.edu.au>