Off Topic

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 22 12:25:29 EST 2003

>Doesn't somebody on this list have a sig. to the effect that there are two
>kinds of intelligence - the kind that knows things itself and the kind that
>knows where to look to find out?.

I think the web has made this kind of intelligence more common - everyone
knows the information is online somewhere - and more rare, because now
finding good information is much harder than just finding information.

>I'm sure I noticed it recently, because
>I've just been rereading *The Prince* and Machiavelli says something very
>similar (quite a recommendation).

Don't you think Machiavelli would have liked the internet? He would have
been  a champion of insinuating emails.

Robyn