Off Topic

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Sat Nov 22 01:14:34 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Sally Odgers wrote:

|Genius please?
|
|Cryptic crossword clue;
|

|No information on melon .
|
|4 letters.  blank g blank n

|-g-n

|Any offers?

Aim with my genius puzzler friend:

[genius friend]: Aha!
[me]: mmm?
[me]: *inquiring look*
[genius friend]: Searched for "melon" in definitions of words in the OED.
Found a word not in Merrian Webster: "Ogen".
[genius friend]: The name of a kibbutz in Israel, used attrib. in Ogen melon to
designate a small melon with pale orange flesh and brownish-orange skin
ribbed with green, belonging to a variety first developed there.
[me]: you are so smart!
[genius friend]: So: "no" = O; "information" = GEN.

-deborah
--
"I'm a citizen, this is my president, and in this country it is
not only permissible to question our leaders, it is our