Pratchett

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Nov 20 12:13:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
|AND I have finally used a DWJ book as a school assignment.  Teleri chose to
|make a chart comparing the deities of Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian
|mythology, and it was a perfect opportunity to introduce _Eight Days of
|Luke_.  I really think DWJ books are good for children because they are so
|honest.  Right now we are discussing why David's family is so rotten to
|him...very complex for a nine-year-old who has been raised in a loving
|family.

I would think home schooling would go back and forth between very
frustrating and very fulfilling.  Frustrating when you really want to
involve one book or another and you know it just isn't appropriate, and
fulfilling when you get the chance to do it at last.

good choice of book!  Does Teleri have any interesting theories?

-deborah
--
Hither then, swiftly, for I'm cold, I'm cold.
		-- _The Folk of the Air_