Pratchett

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Nov 19 08:52:15 EST 2003

> >I think that's true. I was interested in Otter's comment about the idea
> >that he has fans who will follow him now, so he can write more seriously.
>
> If that's the case, though, he's still risking alienating his core audience
> if he drifts too far away from what made those people fans in the first
> place.  Though that's so obvious I don't know why I bother pointing it out;
> it happens all the time.

Well, his major fans in the US have read the _Johnny_ series, which is
definitely rather serious with a lot of funny bits. (I hope that series is
more available in the UK than in the US!)

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_