dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #749

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Sat Nov 15 19:37:14 EST 2003

Jon wrote:
> We currently have a student named Ben Casey which
> causes mirth amoung the staff members here old enough
> to remember '60s TV programs. (I doubt if he'll ever
> become a Doctor though)

SallyO:
One of my distant cousins called his son "Jason King".

At my undergraduate university there was a professor named Stephen
Spielberg...And I don't know if this is a joke or not, but I remember
hearing that Albert Brooks real last name is Einstein...

RE a post from a while ago, someone wondered about the term Boricua.  It
was the native peoples of Puerto Rico's (Tainos, I believe  was their
name)term for their country. Some Puerto Ricans prefer that name, and if
you are unfortunate enough to hear the song "Jenny from the Block" by the
onmipresent J Lo, you can hear her say "Boricua" a couple of times during
it.

Laurie, former and future Spanish teacher