alternate history

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 14 16:26:44 EST 2003

I've been signed up to moderate a Panel on Alternate History at Darkover
Con. Any ideas about what I should be reading to brush up my knowledge of
the subject?

(And yes, this is DWJ related, however vaguely, since the organizer of the
Con suspects that the Con in _Deep Secret_ is vaguely based on DWJ's one
appearance at Darkover. Personally, I find that only some of the fen
characters-- and ok, the waiters in the restaurant-- are really
reminiscent... but then, I just don't get invited to that sort of party.
Personally, the business about travelling to Babylon sounds much more
likely to have happened at an American Library Association conference,
where almost every hotel appears to have 5 right angle turns and you could
probably find people with every bit of equipment you need on any given
floor...]

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I am in a corner without being back[ed?] there and often come out
fighting."  -- James Thurber, 1960 interview with Life