dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #747

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Nov 12 18:43:31 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Ian W. Riddell wrote:
|On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 01:32  PM, Sarah wrote:
|>
|>> Oh! That makes such perfect sense! hee hee. (I'm assuming it's the
|>> first one with all the personified stars).

I thought of the stars as more like C. S. Lewis (Dawn Treader) stars,
mostly because the illustrations reminded me of Pauline Baynes'  a
little bit.  But in personality, I guess they were more like DWJ's.

|> That was one of my favourites in the book, especially the portrayal of
|> Delight.

Huh.  I was slightly bummed that Delight was slightly ... Delirious.  I
wanted her to be more happy, less pre-flaky.  I loved cranky Death,
though.  She's had such a wonderful attitude adjustment.

-deborah
--
In plain then, what forbids he but to know,
Forbids us good, forbids us to be wise?   -- Paradise Lost