dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #747

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:42:24 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Sarah wrote:

> My number one problem with introducing any of Gaiman's books to people
> I know is that I must not be pronouncing his name clearly, because half
> the time I get a wondering stare and the question, 'Neil Diamond writes
> books? Is there no END to the man's talents?'

Actually, according to the man himself, his last name is pronounced
Gaym'n, not Guy-man. [1] I knew I read that somewhere, and so I've been
pronouncing his name correctly for several years now, but all my friends
always ignore me and keep on saying Guy-man. Which looks weird, to boot.

[1] http://www.neilgaiman.com/faq/faq.asp#gaiman