dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #746

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 06:13:14 EST 2003

Jackie wrote:
> You all might be thinking about Dennis of Dennis the Menace.  I don't
> think that he died young, but he was estranged from his father, I
> believe, over the Dennis the Menace comic strip.

Which Dennis the Menace, the American one (blond-haired, most of the bad things he does are accidental) or the British one (black-haired, has a dog called Gnasher, deliberately bad)?
(The American one seems more likely- I'd hate to think that the British one is based on real life. Here's a picture of him in unusually mellow mood:
http://www.beanotown.com/areas/areamuseum/infogoldenage/modern.html)
Jennifer