dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #746

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Tue Nov 11 19:58:42 EST 2003

You all might be thinking about Dennis of Dennis the Menace.  I don't
think that he died young, but he was estranged from his father, I
believe, over the Dennis the Menace comic strip.  Well, I suppose that
doesn't really fit the description either, but it is another example of
"why we should not write about our children using their own names."  Come
to think of it, it would be pretty awful to carry a name that triggered
immediate and not necessarily positive associations...

Jackie Stallcup