dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #746

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 19:40:55 EST 2003

> I read that Christopher Milne was so mortified by his depiction in his
> father's books that he spent his life trying to be extra manly and died early and
> tragically as a result... or was that the boy 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' was
> based on? Perhaps they both did it.

Christopher Robin Milne died fairly recently at a fairly respectable age.
Vivien Burnett lived to be a fairly old man (and bald as well). Never heard of
any particulary "macho" exploits of either. Vivien's older brother however died
in adolescence, of tuberculosis. That may be where the confusion may lie.