dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #742

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Nov 11 13:28:37 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

|Deborah:
|
|>|I've only read Charlie's essay and interview from Exciting and
|>|Exacting Wisdom so far, and that would *certainly* not turn readers
|>|and/or academics off DWJ.  And I find it highly unlikely that
|>|anything Deborah wrote would do so either! :-)
|>
|>Oh, you know, I talked about her inferior characterization and poor
|>writing...
|
|Sure, and her cliched use of high fantasy themes, of course.
|
|Don't think we haven't twigged the subliminal messages coming through
|the list, Deborah!  'DWJ is rubbish.  You can't read kids books and
|be cool.  Fantasy is only for losers.'  <light bulb goes on over
|head>  You've *admitted* to writing Josie and the Pussycats!

Durn it, you've caught me!  How will I ever complete my nefarious plan?

|'Po(st)-mo(dernism) is the new pink....'

well, yes.  Except when it's blue.  Because if you look at it from this
perspective, pink is blue, and blue is like pink's older sister, which
makes them both yellow.  Isn't it cool?

;)

-deborah
--
Start a revolution.  Stop hating your body.