DWJ Tortures Kittens (was Re: Disturbing news story)

M.A.Knight at ru.ac.za M.A.Knight at ru.ac.za
Tue Nov 11 13:20:57 EST 2003

Statute of limitations usually does apply to sexual assault, but there are two
conditions.

1. the clock only starts ticking once the victim is legally of age.

2. it has been argued in some cases (i believe successfully in Canada at leasy
once), that the statute of limitations should only start running once a
suppressed memory has been recovered.

of course, whether you believe in recovered memory is a completely separate
question.

megan