DWJ Tortures Kittens (was Re: Disturbing news story)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 10:40:22 EST 2003

Kyra carolled:

>I now have the urge to filk Simon and Garfunkle's "El Condor Pasa," but it
>just doesn't work.
>
>"I'd rather be a cat than a violin.  Yes, I would.  If I could, I surely
>would."
>
>See?  Doesn't scan!

Alas for feline aspiration, "I'd rather be a fiddle than a cat" does, rather.

:-(

Oooh, and speaking of carolling things, that's another Bujold word.  Miles
and Mark both occasionally "carol" instead of speaking.  I haven't yet
found a place where anyone lifts her chin and then carols, though.

Minnow