Pooh! (was Re: Re: Witch week)

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 09:51:22 EST 2003

 --- deborah <deborah at suberic.net> wrote:

> What's the oldest reading-level book people have had read aloud?  Any
> DWJ?  Some of the storiews in Warlock at the Wheel would be
> hysterical
> read-alouds... But I doubt that's where her strength lies.

My father read aloud to me regularly until I was 13, because he liked
doing it. As well as a good many children's books, we had Lord of the
Rings and The Silmarillion, some of C.S. Forester's Hornblower series,
and Brahms and Simons' No Bed for Bacon and Don't Mr Disraeli.

Rosie

=====
Souffrir passe; avoir souffert ne passe jamais.