Reading aloud (was Pooh!)

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue Nov 11 09:30:15 EST 2003

Mark and I have gotten into the habit of me reading aloud to him in the
evenings. We worked our way through "The Lord of the Rings" (which is
both much more wonderful and much more tedious when read aloud . . .
Faramir is glorious, Frodo and Sam take Forever to get to Mt. Doom
after Shelob).

We're currently in the midst of Philip Pullman's "The Amber Spyglass",
having read "The Golden Compass" and "The Subtle Knife" over the past
two or three months.

I'm loving reading, Mark is loving being read to. It gives me an
opportunity to re-read some books I might not "have the time for" and
introduce him to my faves at the same time. Pullman is wonderful to
read aloud.

Not sure what's next. Perhaps "To Kill a Mockingbird" or "A Wizard of
Earthsea". Any other suggestions?

widdy