Pooh! (was Re: Re: Witch week)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 05:51:03 EST 2003

--- deborah <deborah at suberic.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
> |Hm... did you read it to yourself, or have it read
> to you?
> |I think having it read to may have made a
> difference, as I felt adoring of
> |A.A. Milne simply becuase of the writing.
>
> Read to me, definitely.  My father does a marvelous
> King John, though
> I'm partial to The King (who asked The Queen, who
> asked The Dairymaid,
> who asked The Alderney...).
>
> What's the oldest reading-level book people have had
> read aloud?  Any
> DWJ?  Some of the storiews in Warlock at the Wheel
> would be hysterical
> read-alouds... But I doubt that's where her strength
> lies.

Professionally I've read quite a bit of YA fiction to
classes - but never whole books - just a teaser, but
not for many years now. Also Lord of the Rings to my
children. Looking at the subject line reminds me that
in my uni days an annual highlight was the Winnie the
Pooh readings by the professor of Italian and a couple
of the Government lecturers.

Jon