Reading aloud

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 04:58:11 EST 2003

You should see Kathleen and I at college, and me at home: we track people
down and beg shamelessly to read to them (often just to try and get them
hooked - you know that way they've read it! We should be in advertising.).
My family are not often helpful: my little sister Kim will at least listen
sometimes, but my Dad won't let me read if I'm in hearing distance! But I
must confess, I love being read to less than reading myself, so I can't
blame them. My sisters and I were all read to as kids. I have only fairly
recently discovered how much I like reading out loud. I love reading Harry
Potter out loud: lots of expression and dialogue makes it colourful, and
there's lots of excitement. I shall have to sit on someone this holidays and
read them DWJ.
Aimee.