dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #742

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Nov 11 04:41:17 EST 2003

Deborah:

>|I've only read Charlie's essay and interview from Exciting and
>|Exacting Wisdom so far, and that would *certainly* not turn readers
>|and/or academics off DWJ.  And I find it highly unlikely that
>|anything Deborah wrote would do so either! :-)
>
>Oh, you know, I talked about her inferior characterization and poor
>writing...

Sure, and her cliched use of high fantasy themes, of course.

Don't think we haven't twigged the subliminal messages coming through
the list, Deborah!  'DWJ is rubbish.  You can't read kids books and
be cool.  Fantasy is only for losers.'  <light bulb goes on over
head>  You've *admitted* to writing Josie and the Pussycats!

'Po(st)-mo(dernism) is the new pink....'

Hallie.