Pooh! (was Re: Re: Witch week)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 11 02:49:53 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 05:46, deborah wrote:

> What's the oldest reading-level book people have had read aloud?

The Wodehouse stories that some friends and I once read aloud to each
other, I suppose.

B and I take turns (one boook each) to read aloud to the rest of the
family three or four times a week. The reader chooses the book - at the
moment it's _The Satanic Mill_ by Otfried Preussler (definitely YA),
but we've had Paul Biegel, Annie M.G. Schmidt, Tonke Dragt (mainstays
of Dutch children's literature), Roald Dahl and Astrid Lindgren. As the
kids grow older, the choice becomes wider; B read The Hobbit when they
were six and eight (they're now eight and almost ten).

We don't intend to stop reading aloud; if we were that kind of people,
we'd have stopped when they learned to read on their own :-)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 11-May-2003