Pooh! (was Re: Re: Witch week)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 10 23:55:46 EST 2003

> What's the oldest reading-level book people have had read aloud?  Any
> DWJ?  Some of the storiews in Warlock at the Wheel would be hysterical
> read-alouds... But I doubt that's where her strength lies.

Lessee: when I was six, my mother read L'Engle's _A Wrinkle in Time_ out
loud to us on a family car trip. When I was 14, I read McKillip's _Throme
of the Erril of Sherrill_ aloud to my brothers. A friend of a friend once
enspelled us all by reading a Spenser (the detective) novel out loud for
about 6hours at a party...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." --James Quinn