Pooh! (was Re: Re: Witch week)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 10 23:37:27 EST 2003

> >But I'm sure it's also surely true that Crews' choice of Pooh was a
> >considered one, and it's hard to believe that its being a book for
> >children wasn't a factor in that choice.
>
> As a child I always felt it was a book not *for*, but *at* children.

Hm... did you read it to yourself, or have it read to you?
I think having it read to may have made a difference, as I felt adoring of
A.A. Milne simply becuase of the writing.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." --James Quinn