Name doubles

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 17:00:00 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/10/03 2:59:58 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Sally Odgers wrote:
>
> > Do any of you have name-doubles out there?

There's a singer with my maiden name, Helen Erwin (her married name is Helen
Erwin Donath). I always think it's funny that she's a soprano, when I'm
emphatically an alto. (Incidentally, her family is Armenian-Syrian, so Erwin is
probably a shortening of something else, is my guess, or maybe she picked it as a
stage name, no idea.) And my father-in-law has a cousin in Germany whose name
is Erwin Schinske.

Helen Schinske