dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #742

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Nov 10 16:59:32 EST 2003

>On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:47:09AM +1300, Sarah wrote:
>
>>The remark about suppressing the lot is what's unfair. It's not
>>as if it's going to lose her readers! Let the little postmodernists and
>>deconstructionists have their fun. Her books will still be what they
>>are, for anyone to read and witness the truth thereof.
>
>Do you feel that Kipling would not be more widely read and studied had
>he not been so comprehensively vilified and misunderstood?

I've only read Charlie's essay and interview from Exciting and
Exacting Wisdom so far, and that would *certainly* not turn readers
and/or academics off DWJ.  And I find it highly unlikely that
anything Deborah wrote would do so either! :-)

It's only the expense that has stopped me reading the book up so far,
and I've a kind offer of a loan now.  Looking forward to it....

Hallie.