Re. literary fantasy

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Nov 10 15:53:11 EST 2003

I wouldn't even touch an attempt at defining 'literary fantasy', but
for another thought to add to the suggestions you already have, how
about _To Say Nothing of the Dog_, by Connie Willis?   It's got time
travel, but also allusions to P. G. Wodehouse, Dorothy L. Sayers,
Jerome K. Jerome, Victorian styles and fads, the Blitz, the coolest
dog (oh, all right, and a really cool cat too),  which might be
enough to entice a few people to dip their reluctant toes into the
specfic pool.

Hallie.