DWJ's Changeover

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Mon Nov 10 06:37:32 EST 2003

I sometimes collect books that share titles or author names. I have two books called "Castle in the Air". One is DWJ, the other a mediaeval romance (I haven't actually read it) that has a famous cover. The heroine has three arms. I also have books by two authors named Monica Edwards... and I tried to contact a third one, who wouldn't play :-(  There're two other people named Sally Odgers in Oz, too. One writes essays and wins prizes (she's younger than me) and the other is at Melb. University. I have yet to locate another Diana Wynne Jones though...

Do any of you have name-doubles out there?

Sallyo.

    Strictly speaking it was called just Changeover. It was her first published book (1970 I think), for adults, and not fantasy - though it's pretty fantastic in its plot. It's set in a small African country about to acquire independence from Britain.