Tasmania's monoculture

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Nov 7 23:15:16 EST 2003

After Anita and others mentioned this, I sort of wondered if I'd been going
round with blinkers on. Therefore, I kept my eyes open specifically when I
went into the city (Devonport) yesterday. I was there for three hours, in
the PO, the library, the supermarket, car park, shops and cafe. I saw - one
brownish person (maybe Middle Eastern) in the supermarket and one very dark
person who had just got off the interstate ferry (spotted him as we stopped
at the traffic lights on the way home). Aside from that - monoculture.

Sallyo.