dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #734

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Nov 6 10:50:15 EST 2003

> >From Roger:
> >Like Smiths in England or Nguyens in Vietnam, one gathers.
> Watanabes in Japan?
> Hey, this is fun, any more for the list? :-)
> Lees in Korea?

I grew up in the Pennsylvania Deutsch country, where the most common last
names are Zimmerman and Good.

One volunteer fire company had a sign up around New Year's naming their
fireman of the year: "Christ King" I couldn't figure out if that was a
joke or not-- there are certainly people with names like that in our
area...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." --James Quinn