dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #736

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 05:36:28 EST 2003

Sarah wrote:
> Thinking this over has made me realise that I don't have much of a
> crush on any DWJ character I can think of. There are many of
> them that I would like to know as friends, but that's quite a different
> kettle of fish. None of 'em makes me go 'phwoar.'

Me neither, in fact I don't generally fancy book characters- maybe it's because I don't have a very visual imagination. The only one I can think of is Sorry, from Mahy's The Changeover, and I think it's because of Mahy describing his effect on Laura so well. In real life I think I'd be wary of him.
Jennifer