spotty dogs

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 17:33:37 EST 2003

>Minnow:
>> The original film of *101 Dalmatians* got some things spectacularly wrong
>> (the Regent's Park, for instance, is not Victorian neo-Gothic but
>> neo-Palladian, and it looked decidedly strange as the former) but did get
>> one thing completely and utterly right: the dalmatians' gait on their epic
>> run into Wuffolk.

Charlie:
>How different from the live-action sequel with Angelica Huston, which had
>skunks, chipmunks and racoons running around as (supposedly) native East
>Anglian beasts. Surely someone, somewhere in the production process, must
>have protested? Someone must have noticed a decided lack of these animals in
>the English countryside? O tempora! O Johnny Morris!

<shakes head repeatedly as if to get water from ears>

<shudders>

<develops twitch in left side of face>

I knew, I just *knew* I was right not to go and see that.

However, it might be worse.  They might have decided to film it in East
Anglia and import all those cute li'l critturs, in breeding pairs, for the
filming, and then kinda fail to take 'em home again afterwards.

Eeek, argh, wibble.

I assume that the dogs, at least, were actually dalmatians and not, say,
beagles  or golden labradors because they are so cute?

Minnow