Elite[s] and elitists, Cooper and Others

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Nov 5 17:05:22 EST 2003

HSchinske at aol.com wrote:

> Personally I do think that doing well on that sort of test means
> something. It implies one particular *sort* of quick-wittedness (what a
> teacher of mind called "having a fast-twitch mind"), and I like that
> sort and think it's well worth having.

I kind of enjoy it.  I'm good at crossword puzzles, too, and I
have one of the largest collections of miscellaneous information
of anybody I know, all fairly well organized.  So it's fun, but
one can get very tired of being called an underachiever.  Some
of us are bright, but were never very interested in achieving.