OT: L M Montgomery

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Nov 5 15:36:59 EST 2003

Sallyo wondered...

> Has anyone else ever read a Georgette Heyer book and suddenly realised
that
> she would have been the bucolic farmer's daughter or maid and *not* the
> heroine? Or, should you be male, that you would have been a footman or
> bucolic farmer's boy, and *not* Heyer-hero #1 or #2?

Actually, I came recently to the dismal realisation that I would have been a
boringly respectable (and not at all romantic) bourgeouise - Mary Challoner
without the opportunities!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole