OT Lewis (was OT A Wrinkle in Time)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 06:54:28 EST 2003

>Roger
>> There's something about Bristol and Lewis... remembering the station
>> towards the beginning of _The Last Battle_, where else could that be but
>> Bristol Temple Meads?

Charlie
>Little-known fact - he actually lived here for a brief time, after WWI when
>he stayed with Mrs Moore in Ravenswood Rd (about halfway between my house
>and Minnow's). There is, alas, no blue plaque as yet.

I always assumed he must know the West Country a little (though Bristol
isn't quite West Country according to Devonians) because of the bit in
Prince Caspian when the trees are being given different earths to eat at
the banquet.  Nobody who hasn't been in the West Country could really
credit the colour and texture of the earth in those parts, I don't think.

Minnow