OT: L M Montgomery (should now be Heyer)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 06:54:23 EST 2003

Sallyo asked:

>Has anyone else ever read a Georgette Heyer book and suddenly realised that
>she would have been the bucolic farmer's daughter or maid and *not* the
>heroine? Or, should you be male, that you would have been a footman or
>bucolic farmer's boy, and *not* Heyer-hero #1 or #2?

Which of them are you calling hero #1 and which #2?  and what about the
other twenty-plus of them?

obDWJ, being a Heyer fan she can even tell Rule from Worth from Alverstoke
if she's given a couple of lines of their speech, which is more than I can.
Certainly she wouldn't mistake Freddy for Gervase or Philip for Gareth or
any of them for Nicholas or Jack or John.

Minnow