OT: L M Montgomery

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 4 22:27:57 EST 2003

> by the sense that I would have been Diana instead.  (I had a
> > friend who was CLEARLY an Anne, so
>
> Has anyone else ever read a Georgette Heyer book and suddenly realised that
> she would have been the bucolic farmer's daughter or maid and *not* the
> heroine? Or, should you be male, that you would have been a footman or
> bucolic farmer's boy, and *not* Heyer-hero #1 or #2?

I used to read and re-read and cry over _A Civil Contract_ because I
identified with the heroine. Which, of course, meant I wasn't anything
like The Grand Sophy and so forth.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." --James Quinn