howl casting (was RE: dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #729)

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 4 19:58:04 EST 2003

|Sarah wrote:
> |> How would you cast your ideal Howl movie, though? *^.^* All
> |> the pretty men in Hollywood willing to dye their hair blond
> |> are now queuing up for your consideration.

I stand by my casting of - IF he can carry the character off - that sweet
blond guy in Our Mutual Friend - the incognito heir pretending to be the
Boffins' secretary. He was also a drug dealer in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking
Barrels. I think.
Just to throw something random into the mix (as in, I don't really think so,
but he's bony-faced, the right age and is a reasonable actor) Jonathan
Rhys-Meyers (from Gormenghast etc). But he might be too reptilian. Anyone?
Aimee