humour: story in local paper

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 18:14:02 EST 2003

I have just been going through last weeks papers for
our cuttings files when I came across this story;

MINNOW HAS BITE THAT KILLS

A predatory fish species likened to the piranha and
cane toad because of its aggressive nature, has been
discovered in waterways across the Hunter.
Known as gambusia, mosquito fish or the plague
minnow...."

from the Newcastle Herald of Saturday, Nov 1, 2003

For more information on the fish there is some here;

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws.nsf/Content/Plague+minnows

which I know our minnow can't access, however if you
want the original story to frame on your wall if you
give me a postal address I'll post it to you.

Jon