Adaptations (was Re: BBC Narnia movies)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Nov 4 17:22:29 EST 2003

Charlie wrote:

>And I'm wondering whether I can afford to go to London to see *His Dark
>Materials* when it opens next month at the National Theatre. Luckily I've a
>research student who's going to see it, so I'll probably decide once I get
>his report! Apparently they're going to use sophisticated puppetry to do the
>daemons (but how will they get them to transform?)

I want to go and see the adaption of *Black Maria* as a ballet.

No, I am not joking.  It's being choreographed at present.  I may have to
wait a while for the actual production, though, apparently the music isn't
yet ready.

*gibble*

So how do you do the choreography for a ballet without a score?

Minnow