howl casting (was RE: dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #729)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Nov 4 17:02:12 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

|Sarah wrote:
|> How would you cast your ideal Howl movie, though? *^.^* All
|> the pretty men in Hollywood willing to dye their hair blond
|> are now queuing up for your consideration.
|> James Marsters: I did mine already, and I have a bony, sophisticated
|> face: do I get bonus points?

|"Yes, but they get knocked off at the mere *thought* of you trying to do a Welsh accent." <g>

Oh, JM would make a great Howl if he weren't so darn *old*.  He goes
from callous to eyelash flutteringly adorable in three seconds flat.
But he's aging, and it shows.  Howl has to look less like a heroin
addict or like a [1] than JM does.

-deborah
--
I need to bond with you.  It's part of my therapy.

spoiler space for the footnote
for Angel season 5
.
.