Mister Monday (was Re: More recent reads)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 14:45:28 EST 2003

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> I thought the point was that this particular teacher
> was a jerk and was
> accustomed to children making up excuses to get out
> of gym.
Yes, well, for reasons of professional solidarity I
wasn't going to say that all PE teachers are evil
sadists.

> Oh, I just remembered why this made sense to me as I
> was reading.  When I
> was a teen I had severe, um, feminine problems

This is another one that male teachers get a lot,
usually by girls who want to nick off to the toilets
for a smoke, it sometimes works on younger and more
easily embarressed men, we as we get older and have
gilrfriends, wives and daughters of own we realise
that these are monthly, roughtly (lets not go there
again) events, and not something that occurs every
lesson of the week, every week.

know of one
> case where a child was severely disciplined for
> sharing hers with a fellow
> student who might otherwise have died.

There are cases where using the wrong kind of asthma
mediciation can be more dangerous than giving none at
all, my daughter is a case in point. As part of our
first aid training we are told never to give a child
mediciation intended for someone else.

Jon