More recent reads

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Nov 4 08:03:34 EST 2003

Jennifer (but the other one, which confused me at first):

>  > I recently read _The Amulet of Samarkand_, by Jonathan Stroud.  Had I
>>  heard of the hype before picking it up, I might not have bothered,
>>  but I'm glad I did.
>
>I hadn't heard of it, but it sounds good- if it's being heavily
>hyped presumably the library will have it?

I'd think so  It was only published this year, IIRC, and is just out
in paperback.  Which seemed very soon for there to have been a film
organised already!

>>  But I forgot to mention
>>  that a sequel to Thief and _Queen of Attolia_ is supposedly coming
>>  out next year sometime.  Can't wait!
>
>Ohh, excellent.

I know!  (There was no real need to reply to this, but I'm still
doing happy dances every time I think of it, so it was just fun to
have someone else doing them too.)

>>  Next-to-last, nobody took me up on my offer of _Paper Mage_.   I'm
>>  willing to send this anywhere - and will be anyway, if nobody wants
>>  it here - someone on BookCrossing  is bound to want it, I'm sure.  I
>>  just want to see if anyone else sees the DWJ resonating ripples I saw
>>  in it.
>
>Coincidentally I just ordered it- wait a couple of weeks till it
>arrives and I'll be happy to discuss :)

Sounds good!, By then two more listees may have read it and be up for
a discussion as well. :-)

Hallie.