Read lately - and stuff

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 21:35:26 EST 2003

--- Robyn Starkey <rohina at shaw.ca> wrote:
> At the suggestion of the list, I have read some
> Martha Wells. Actually, I
> have read Wheel of the Infinite and enjoyed it
> immensely. However, I am
> stuck in the first 30 pages of both Death of a
> Necromancer, and the more
> recent one (it's downstairs, and it's cold down
> there, so I can't type the
> title). So I need some advice, will I enjoy them if
> I persist? I am not
> quite sure what I don't like; I think it is a
> stylistic thing, because I
> keep finding myself in the middle of a paragraph and
> not understanding what
> is going on.

Death of a necromancer is the only one I've read and i
enjoyed it, I'm on the lookout for others but so far I
haven't found any second hand. However I never had a
moment reading it such as you describe, so I wouldn't
trust my opinion if I were you. Still if you've
enjoyed one I'd persist with another before giving up.

Jon