OT A Wrinkle in Time

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 20:48:07 EST 2003

>On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
> > On this topic, though, does anyone have an opinion on the Narnia movies
> > produced by the BBC in the late '80s?  I've been considering checking out
> > the new DVD version from the library, but I don't want to waste our time if
> > they aren't any good.

I loved them, and so did my friend who has two kids (ages 9 and 5) who also
love them. I thought they were heaps better than the animated version. Lucy
takes a lot of getting used to, but the casting of almost everyone else is
just excellent. I didn't mind the "low tech" puppetry approach, because the
books themselves have a similar feel - Narnia is quite a simple place in a
lot of ways.

Robyn