OT A Wrinkle in Time

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 3 18:57:47 EST 2003

> > On this topic, though, does anyone have an opinion on the Narnia movies
> > produced by the BBC in the late '80s?  I've been considering checking
out
> > the new DVD version from the library, but I don't want to waste our time
if
> > they aren't any good.

I was brought up with these videos! They are an important part of why I love
fantasy. I still go back and watch them about once a year. Special effects
and animal costumes are not great, but I still love them: the music, the
characters, some costumes, sets... Aslan. Once you get over the shortcomings
of the series, you really enjoy it (much like Farscape in that
respect...)... but I am biased, of course. You don't tend to judge as
harshly something you were brought up on.
I say watch them all, it's not like you're going to buy them without seeing
them. Libraries don't cost money.
:)
happy watching,
Aimee.