Self-introduction

Mon Nov 3 15:56:46 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 20:21:52 -0000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

>Sallyo said...
>
>> Unlike you (and most others on this list) I'm sulking *very* sulkily that
>> Howl won't be live-action.
>
>You're not alone, Sallyo!  I'm not an anime fan and I want to see a Real
>Live Howl (and Sophie and Michael and Calcifer and...  Well, okay, I'll
>concede on Calcifer.  Grudgingly).

I *am* sort of an anime fan, but I still think Howl could be a live-action
film and that it would be great in that form.  I have a feeling that when
Miyazaki's version comes out, I'll like it a lot on its own merits, but it's
not going to be enough like the book to be satisfying as an adaptation.

Besides, Calcifer has a day job.  :)

Melissa Proffitt