OT A Wrinkle in Time

Mon Nov 3 12:49:10 EST 2003

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:43:23 +1100, Abe Gross wrote:

>Thanks for this, Kale. I still have little information about what they're
>showing here so I'm not completely sure if it's the same thing. It's listed
>as a 3-hour movie, not a mini-series, and Chris Potter isn't mentioned. The
>actors listed are Alfre Woodard, Kate Nelligan, Alison Elliott and Katie
>Stuart. The site you pointed me to mentions three of these, so I guess it
>*must* be the right one. It's a good sign that it won Best Feature at a film
>festival. But that must mean they've cut out an hour of the mini-series. :-(

If those are the actors listed, then that's the same one.  We saw the
previews for it on a rented video and didn't know how the television ads
could have escaped our attention...makes sense if it never aired in the U.S.
I'm reluctant to track it down now, because movies made from books I've read
and loved scare me.  :)

On this topic, though, does anyone have an opinion on the Narnia movies
produced by the BBC in the late '80s?  I've been considering checking out
the new DVD version from the library, but I don't want to waste our time if
they aren't any good.

Melissa Proffitt