Sadistic elite?

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Nov 3 09:50:05 EST 2003

minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> It has been said (goodness knows whether there is any truth in this at all)
> that all really first-rate surgeons need to have at least some sadism in
> their make-up, or they would be unable to operate successfully.

I asked my dentist once why he became a dentist.  Two of his reasons
were that he was good with his hands and that he was at least a little
sadistic.  [We were on pretty good terms, obviously, or he wouldn't
have told me this.]

He wasn't a bad guy to deal with, and why shouldn't he be having
a bit of fun?