OT A Wrinkle in Time

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 3 06:43:23 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kale" <lskale at metaplaxia.net>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: OT A Wrinkle in Time

> At 10:30 PM 11/2/2003 +1100, Ros wrote:
> >I've just seen an ad for the soon-to-be-screened film of _A Wrinkle in
Time_
> >on Australian TV. It took me by surprise, as I had no idea any such film
had
> >been made. It's going to be shown in Melbourne this Friday evening at
8.30
> >PM on Channel 10, and I imagine it will be shown at a similar time in
other
> >Australian cities.
> >
> > >From the ad clip, it looks to me as though it's been modernised quite a
lot
> >and prettified as well (eg the kids all looked cute). I wonder if anyone
in
> >the US or elsewhere has seen this movie? I have the uncomfortable feeling
> >I'm not going to like it, but I'm sure going to watch and tape it!
>
> If this is the one with Chris Potter as Dr. Jack Murry, then it was
supposed
> to air in the US sometime last year, but it never did.  I've heard that it
> won for
> Best Feature at the Toronto Children's Film Festival.  It is supposed to
be a
> 4-hour mini-series.
>
> You can see a snippet of it in RealVideo format at this site.  Look for
> Wrinkle in Time.
>
> http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/sprockets2002/films_weekend.asp
>
> Here's an info sheet on it:
>
> http://www.watchfireworks.com/library/mini_wrinkle.html
>
> Kale

Thanks for this, Kale. I still have little information about what they're
showing here so I'm not completely sure if it's the same thing. It's listed
as a 3-hour movie, not a mini-series, and Chris Potter isn't mentioned. The
actors listed are Alfre Woodard, Kate Nelligan, Alison Elliott and Katie
Stuart. The site you pointed me to mentions three of these, so I guess it
*must* be the right one. It's a good sign that it won Best Feature at a film
festival. But that must mean they've cut out an hour of the mini-series. :-(

Ros